When evaluating available fuses for the SafetyHub family of products, Blue Sea Systems engineers discovered the compact and versatile MIDI®/AMI® fuse. This fuse is well established in the automotive industry, and the marine version became the ideal choice for the SafetyHub Fuse Block product line.
- Is ignition protected when used with the SafetyHub 100, 200, and 250, making it safe for installation aboard gasoline-powered boats
- Has a wide 30A–200A range
- Is compact and lightweight
- Uses tin-plated copper blades for maximum conductivity and corrosion resistance
- Has a clear window, allowing the fuse element to be clearly seen
- Is color coded for quick amperage identification
- Bolts down for secure mechanical and electrical connections
- Costs less than most fuses of the same amperages
- Has a high Ampere Interrupting Capacity (AIC)
A high Ampere Interrupting Capacity is important because it allows the MIDI®/AMI® fuse to be used in DC Main applications, those fuses first in line after the battery, and in other situations where a fuse may have to break a high amount of current.
Blue Sea Systems has been working with the major fuse manufacturers on improvements that will provide a new higher level of interrupt capacity in this fuse family. Older inventories or models may exist which do not meet these standards. Only MIDI®/AMI® fuses from Blue Sea Systems are assured to have a 5000A @ 12V DC Ampere Interrupting Capacity (AIC), and are therefore the only fuses appropriate for the SafetyHub products.
Look for additional product introductions from Blue Sea Systems that utilize the MIDI®/AMI® fuse.