Blue Sea Systems is experiencing operational difficulties in our Bellingham location.
We thank you for your patience while our team restores the facility to full capacity.
click for larger and other images
Automatic Charging Relays ML-ACRs
ML-ACR Automatic Charging Relay - 24V DC 500A7621
500 Amp magnetic latching (bi-stable) relay automatically combines batteries during charging and isolates batteries when discharging and when starting engine
- Includes ML-Series Remote Control Contura Switch PN 2146
- Automatically manages the charging of two large battery banks
- Allows paralleling of battery banks for emergency starting
- 500 Ampere continuous rating to support high-output alternators
- Magnetic Latch (ML)—ACR draws very low current (<40mA to monitor terminal voltage) in the "ON" or "OFF" states, and draws moderate current for very short time when changing state
- Dual sensing—senses charge on both battery banks
- Start Isolation (SI)—can be configured for temporary isolation of House loads from Engine circuit during engine cranking to protect sensitive electronics
- Engine Isolation (EI)—can be configured for isolation of two engines while both are running to protect engine electronics and maximize alternator output
- Senses charging on two battery banks
- LED output to remotely indicate when batteries are combined, isolated, in voltage lockout, or in Start or Engine isolation
- 3/8"-16 tin-plated copper studs for maximum conductivity and corrosion resistance
- 7/8" (22mm) stud length accepts multiple cable terminals
- Silver alloy contacts provide high reliability for switching live loads
- Label recesses for circuit identification
Frequently Asked Questions
Run the negative wire for the ACR directly to the battery negative terminal of one of the batteries. A chassis ground is often insufficient to allow proper operation.
Yes, the ACR is an electronic device and needs the ground wire in order to operate. The instructions show an optional switch in the ground wire however the wire is not optional.